UNIL Master’s Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students Students from outside of Switzerland who are interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland are eligible for consideration for the UNIL Master’s Grants, which are awarded on a competitive basis.
Located in Lausanne, Switzerland’s University
Level/Field(s) of study:
All of the Master’s programmes that are currently being offered by the UNIL, with the following exceptions:
- A Master’s degree from the School of Medicine;
- A Master’s degree in the Sciences and Practises of Education;
- A Master’s degree in Law. Notable Exceptions: Accepting applications for the master’s degree Awards of merit: “International and Comparative Law,” “Legal Theory,” and “International Tax Law and Policy” are some of the areas of expertise that this individual possesses.
Master of Science in Physical Education and Sport Didactics
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management and Technology
- All MASs (third cycle programmes, further education programmes)
Students from other countries
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship will be awarded for the minimum required number of years to complete the programme that the student has selected. It comes out to a total of CHF 1,600 a month from September 15th through July 15th (or 10 months a year) for the entire course of the masters programme (one and a half years or two years depending on the masters programme chosen), with the exception of situations in which the student fails the programme for good after the first year.
The fixed registration fees for the courses will not need to be paid by students who have been given a scholarship; however, the CHF 80.00 fees that are due each semester will still need to be covered.
- To have graduated from an overseas college or university with a degree that UNIL recognises as being equivalent to a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in a master’s programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished oneself during the course of one’s studies, most notably by achieving exceptionally outstanding academic accomplishments.
- To have a language level of at least C1 (according to the European Language Portfolio worldwide scale) in French or at least C1 (according to the language in which your selected masters is taught) in English. This need is specific to the language in which your masters programme is taught.
- To not have previously had a registration with UNIL in any capacity.
- To have previously paid the administrative cost of CHF 200.00
UNIL Master’s Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students You do not need to apply for the master’s degree at the Admission Office (SII) of UNIL because the application form for the Masters Scholarship also serves as an application for ADMISSION to the chosen Master’s programme (and consequently as a matriculation form at UNIL).Candidates for the Masters Scholarship are required to submit their applications online and upload their whole application file in PDF format over the course of the online application process rather than sending their materials via email.
To start a master’s degree programme during the following academic year, either in the fall semester or the spring semester if the programme allows it, the application deadline is November 1 (post mark).
It is imperative that you go to the official website (link can be found below) in order to gain access to the application form and the list of attachments, as well as to obtain specific information regarding how to apply for this scholarship.